Removed

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://myjourneystories.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Glimpse of My Family

 

        This is the first time I want to share a glimpse of my core family to all my blog readers. I am happy to tell you about my little family. I was born in Tangerang on November 12, 1987, so it means I am going on 27 years old this year. Sigh… I hope I don’t get old that fast. I wish to be forever seventeen… hahaha…

        I was raised in a Chinese family who mostly speak Hokkian, one of Chinese dialects originated from Xia Men or Fu Jian region in China. The same dialect is also broadly spoken in Taiwan. Even so, since I spent most of my childhood in an Indonesian-speaking community, I did not really learn how to speak the language. Up till now I can only understand what people say but feel ashamed to speak it out.

        I entered university, Universitas Pelita Harapan, in 2004 majoring English Language. If I had not received a scholarship from the college, I would not have been able to enter that pricey university. Praise the Lord that He opened a way for me so I could continue my study there. Like a Shepherd, the Lord guides me to His wonderful plan, plan that I or anybody ever imagine. Finished with my study, I had to work for the campus for half year because of the scholarship contract. I was working in the admission office as a front liner whose responsibility was serving students and parents who came to our office asking for information about the admission to the university. At the end of the contract, I decided to learn genuine Chinese language in Guangzhou, China. I studied there for one year and came back to my home country. I got married with a God-chosen man last December 2012 and am happily married.

        Last October 2013, my one and only younger brother graduated from university, the same university I was graduated from. Even though I could not attend his graduation ceremony due to limited seat invitations, on the D-day, I came to see how busy the preparation was before the ceremony. I was grateful and proud to see my little brother in his graduation costume.

        One week later we took a family picture together in Tarzan Studio, Jakarta. It was the third time we took family picture together, but this time I had it with my husband and baby inside my tummy. Yes, I was having three-months pregnancy so I did the make up myself and had my hair done in a salon near my house. The result was amazing. I really like my make-up result, it looks natural and fits me.

 

img_9074 GWB 14'' okAs time goes by, I just realized that my parents look much older than the first time we took family picture together. I pray that God will always bless their health and grant them long life. I love my parents but sometimes it is hard for me to express that.

 

img_9108  KV 50X60 BK  RPD F0016  okeMy younger brother finally finished his study and now he is not a little boy anymore. He is now a grown-up man who has to learn to fight for his future and stand for his principles. He has to learn how to take more responsibility and have a disciplined life. I pray that he will always be successful in everything he does and even become more prosperous and blessed than I am.

 

img_9136 ALP STRATA okeI really thank God for giving me two wonderful parents. Thank you so much dad for your hard work that you have tried your best to provide us with the best education until we received our Bachelor’s degrees. Thank you mom for your patience and prayer that never stops supporting us.

    

        Although I do not come from a wealthy family, I am grateful to belong to this lovely little family. I pray that one day we will all meet again in heaven in eternity. May the Lord Jesus Christ be with all of us and bring us to His beautiful secret place to live with Him forever. Amen.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment