Removed

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://myjourneystories.com
and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Xiaomeisha Beach 小梅沙海滩 – Shenzhen, China


         My friends, I have finished talking about places I have visited in Hong Kong. Now, let’s follow me to explore Shenzhen, one of the busiest port cities in China that is located on the Pearl River Delta. The first time I visited Shenzhen was summer 2009 when my church friends asked me to join them in a tour to a beach in Shenzhen called Xiaomeisha. Initially, they decided to have this trip to gather Indonesian students who stayed in Guangzhou during summer holiday. I also invited my brother, who at that time was spending his holiday in Guangzhou, to join us. We then joyfully headed to the beach by a rented van.  Along the journey, we sang Christian songs happily, talked to each other and laughed together. 


DSC01318Hanny, Farida, Fanny, Fali, Ci Lily and I in the van. Girls power… hahaha


        The journey took about two hours. Once we arrived in Shenzhen, we were welcome by our brother there. He was a tour guide so he knew the area very well. First, he took us to have lunch in a restaurant serving delicious Chinese foods. And then, he brought us to some of Shenzhen’s most famous places like Window of the World, Happy Valley, and Splendid of China. However, we did not enter any of those places; we just stood at the entrance to take pictures.


DSC00739Before we started to eat, we took picture first… hahaha… David, David DJ, my brother, I, Ci Lily, Stephen, Farida, Fanny, Ficky and Hanny were sitting together.


DSC01320Taking picture together in front of Window of the World

 

DSC01321 

DSC01371Taking picture together at Happy Valley


DSC01376 

DSC01391In front of the Splendid of China and Chinese Folk Culture Village


        After taking pictures, we continued our journey to the Xiaomeisha beach. It took us about 30 minutes to reach it. Lying to the east of Dapeng Bay in Yantian district, about 30 kilometers from downtown Shenzhen, the Xiaomeisha beach stretches for about 1.000 meters and has a crescent shape. Together with its sister beach, Dameisha, Xiaomeisha is an excellent bathing beach at Shenzhen with pristine clear water. However, what makes Xiaomeisha is different from Dameisha is the entrance fee. Dameisha has no admission charge while Xiaomeisha, because it is a private beach, charges its visitors with RMB 20 per person. Therefore, Xiaomeisha is less crowded than Dameisha. The beach is vividly decorated by colorful sunshades with green mountains and blue seawater, which makes it known as the “Oriental Hawaii” or “Hawaii of the East”. In 2003, the beach was rewarded as one of Eight Scenes of Shenzhen. Standing out as one of the best among many tourist attractions in Shenzhen, the beach with its crested waves and golden sand attracts thousands of visitors who come to swim and enjoy themselves. Along the sea shore there are also guesthouses, hotels and villas where visitors can have a rest while immersing themselves in the beautiful seaside scenery.


DSC01436At the entrance to the beach, there is a stone stele with the inscription of the beach’s name


DSC01437The corridor at the beach


DSC00743 

        During summer holiday, the beach is vibrant with charm and energy because many people come here to swim and do other aquatic activities. Besides swimming, you can partake in other recreational activities such as beach volleyball, windsurfing, diving and sea kayaking. The beach provides visitors with various facilities of watersports like parachute-jumping on the sea, motorboats, and submarines. The beach gives off the smell of romance. Many couples come to the beach to pose for their wedding pictures and quite many mass weddings are held here too. Newly weds exchange the wedding ring and proclaim their wedding vow to be a lifetime husband and wife with the beautiful beach as their witness. How romantic it is!!! Young people also often hold outdoor parties, meet new friends, play and barbecue here. Besides that, the beach is a paradise for surfers where many surfing competitions are held. During summer weekend evenings, many wonderful performances “Night of Xiaomeisha” featuring ethic dancing, pop music, acrobatics and magic shows are also held here too. A marine world called “Xiaomeisha Sea World” nearby the beach can also be another tourist attraction. Unfortunately, when I was there, I did not know there was a sea world, so I did not go there.


DSC01451My friends were getting ready to swim. Along the beach there are shops selling swimming equipments so visitors who forget to bring their beach ware can rent or buy it here.


IMG_3272I did not join my friends to swim in the beach because I was afraid to get tanned. So I just sat down and watched them from afar. See how I protected myself from the heat of the sun, wearing long cardigan and a hat… hahaha….


IMG_3277My brother and I at the beach. Both of us did not swim because my brother forgot to bring his swimming suit…


IMG_3283Many people were swimming in the beach. Swimming is the most favorite activity because the water is very clean.


IMG_3296Look at the crescent shape of the beach. The beach has exquisite views with mountains on its surrounding and clear blue sky over it. It also has the cleanest sea water and finest sand beach. From this angle, the beach looks like the Repulse Bay in Hong Kong.


IMG_3298When my friends were all swimming, my brother and I strolled around the beach and found many interesting spots. This is one of them.


IMG_3300There were boats floating on the beach
 

IMG_3303 

IMG_3305I also found rocks with inscriptions on the other side of the beach
 

IMG_3308 
IMG_3309

IMG_3313There were many gigantic natural rocks in various forms too

IMG_3315 
IMG_3320

IMG_3322

DSC01462After my friends finished swimming, I told them the beautiful spots I had seen before. And they also wanted to go there. So we visited the spots again and took pictures together. Unluckily when we wanted to see the gigantic rocks, it was raining. Hahaha… so we cancelled it and went back.


DSC01467

DSC01483I miss my friends and I hope I can have a fun tour with them again


        As the day was getting darker, we decided to go back to our car and got ready to go home. We really enjoyed the trip and were having fun. I hope in the future I can still have the chance to meet with my friends and have a trip together. If you want to embark on Shenzhen tour, you must include the Xiaomeisha beach in your travel list. The beach is a descent place where you can enjoy the sea, mountains and blue sky, and alienate yourself from the cement and cranes of a city’s life.





Sources:
Personal experience and additional information from other online articles

0 komentar:

Post a Comment